Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Booze Cruise

Yes, it's been a while. But I promise (myself) that I will make an effort from here on out. I have some cool (I think) knitting to show off, but I'm too tired tonight to pull out the camera and pose my knitting for pictures.

So, let's talk beer instead. Geek Boy and I have been planning to take a Carribean cruise since about September. It's supposed to set sail in May. Now, I feel about cruises the way many people feel about flying. It's not natural and I had no intention to ever do it. But, 10 friends were going on this cruise and we decided it might fun. I figured I could get my doctor to hook me up with some sedatives, just in case. The cruise runs 9 days, which is a little longer than we usually like to go away, being the homebodies that we are. But we figured the chance to go away with a group of friends was worth a shot.

Then the Geek boy found this. And a quick call to the office manager confirmed that there were still spaces left. She penciled us in. So, after work, over pork roast (I love cooking in the crock pot...nothing like having dinner ready when you get home from work) and some good beer, we weighed our options. The final decision...at the risk of being labeled party poopers by our friends, we are opting for five nights on a sailing yacht with seven strangers. Should be interesting.

And, I'm finally heading into the home stretch on Gregory Maguire's Wicked. This is the third time I've started this book. It's not that I didn't like it...quite the opposite, actually, but life just kept getting in the way and I'd have to put it down. Last month I made a resolution to start it and see it through to the end. And I'm so glad I finally did. The only thing that has me confused right now is how someone read this book and thought, "Big musical number!" I just don't get it. Luckily, it's coming back to town this summer and my mom's agreed to go with me. Geek Boy would go if I asked him to, but this is a test of love that he just shouldn't have to take.

Knitting pictures...of cool Sundara socks, Marnie's Crime of Fashion, and a patriotic baby sweater...coming soon

No comments: