Monday, November 20, 2006
And to top it all off, the food was out of this world. All of us went nuts over our meals. I had the scallops special...diver scallops with a sweet potato blini over a blackberry marscapone sauce. Quite possibly the best meal I have ever had.
In knitting silliness...I needed a break from the tiny needles. The tip of my index finger keeps going numb, which I'm guessing might be due to the tiny needles. So, I knit this up for my mom. Quick, easy and worth some amusement on Thursday.
By then I should have my camera back and can liven this up a little bit.
Saturday, November 18, 2006
Bookwoman's Hometown Socks
Yarn: Sundara Yarn Sock Yarn in multicolor Leafy
Needles: US 0
Pattern: A combination of Wendy's Toe Up Sock Pattern and a stitch pattern from Barbara Walker's 2nd Treasury. I picked the pattern because it had been submitted by someone who lived in my little borough. She doesn't live here anymore...at least she's not in the phonebook.
I love these socks! I have done laundry just so I can have the socks available to wear. A few weeks ago, we went on the Tippler's Tour in Philadelphia. Basically, it's a walking tour of pubs, with a little history thrown in. I t runs all summer, but we waited until October to go. And even though it's been 70 degrees in November around here, it was pretty chilly that night. But my feet were warm! I have some more of Sundara's sock yarn waiting. Plus, I signed up for the next half of her sock club.
In the meantime, I'm finishing my cousin's birthday socks. Her birthday was in July. Luckily she's patient. Plus, this is the cousin with digital camera issues, so I can buy time by saving her butt. I'm about 1/3 of the way through the second sock. My goal is to give them to her on Thursday.
Tonight, we're heading out with Max and Julia's mom and dad to drink beer and eat dinner! We haven't been here before, but Geek Boy's had it on his list since we took a beer appreciation class a few years back. I'm looking forward to it. And they sell carry-out bottles! Such a good thing because there's lots I'd like to try, but since I'll be driving, only one, maybe two will get tried.
Saturday, November 11, 2006
1. FIRST NAME? Amy
2. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE? No.
3. WHEN DID YOU LAST CRY? Does crying fron laughing count? While watching Over the Hedge. "But I like the cookie!"
4. DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING? It's not bad, but my printing is much better.
5. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE LUNCHMEAT? Turkey.
6. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU? I don't see why not.
7. DO YOU HAVE A JOURNAL? No.
8. DO YOU STILL HAVE YOUR TONSILS? Yep.
9. WOULD YOU BUNGEE JUMP? Absolutely not.
10. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CEREAL? I'm with Mikey...Life!
11. DO YOU UNTIE YOUR SHOES WHEN YOU TAKE THEM OFF? I mostly wear clogs, sandals and those slip on shoes from LLBean, but I rarely untie my sneakers.
12. DO YOU THINK YOU ARE STRONG? Not physically, no, not at all.
13. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE ICE CREAM FLAVOR? Anything with Heath bars in it, especially when I make it.
14. SHOE SIZE? 8
5. RED OR PINK? Red.
16. WHAT IS THE LEAST FAVORITE THING ABOUT YOURSELF? My desire to be and my complete inability to be organized.
17. WHO DO YOU MISS THE MOST? The trendy one. We talk, but not often enough. And we definitely don't see each other enough.
18. DO YOU WANT EVERYONE TO SEND THIS BACK TO YOU? No, not really.
19. WHAT COLOR PANTS, SHIRT AND SHOES ARE YOU WEARING? Black exercise pants, green t-shirt under grey sweatshirt, blue argyle socks and blue slipper clogs. It's mid-morning. I'm still in my "jammies."
20. LAST THING YOU ATE? The other half of last night's Italian Hoagie. Breakfast of Champions!
21. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW? Weekend Edition on NPR.
22. IF YOU WERE A CRAYON, WHAT COLOR WOULD YOU BE? Violet
23. FAVORITE SMELL? Whatever's in the crock pot when I come home from work.
24. WHO WAS THE LAST PERSON YOU TALKED TO ON THE PHONE? My cousin with the digital camera emergency.
25. THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT PEOPLE YOU ARE ATTRACTED TO? Eyes.
26. DO YOU LIKE THE PERSON you stole THIS from? I like her blog. Don't know her personally, although she seems like a lot of fun.
27. FAVORITE DRINK? Coke Zero
28. FAVORITE SPORT? Volleyball, when one of my cousins is playing.
29. EYE COLOR? I say blue. Most everyone says blue. Deb says green.
30. HAT SIZE? Small.
31. DO YOU WEAR CONTACTS? Y es.
32. FAVORITE FOOD? Pizza.
33. SCARY MOVIES OR HAPPY ENDINGS? Depends. If I want Geek Boy to sit and watch with me, happy endings are more likely to get him on the big comfy couch. When I'm watching by myself, scary is best.
35. SUMMER OR WINTER? Neither. Fall is best.
36. HUGS OR KISSES? Hugs...I'm always amazed at the way they can get the two chocolates swirled in such a small piece of candy.
37. FAVORITE DESSERT? Anything baked with apples. Especially my mom's Jewish Apple cake.
38. WHO IS MOST LIKELY TO RESPOND? N/A
39. LEAST LIKELY TO RESPOND? See above.
40. WHAT BOOKS ARE YOU READING? In the car, I'm listening to Heat by Bill Buford. On my nightstand is Island of the Sequined Love Nun by Christopher Moore. I'm also reading Gimp by Mark Zupan. And I'm carrying around Nick Hornby's Polysyllabic Spree for when I have to wait somewhere.
41. WHAT'S ON YOUR MOUSE Pad? Winnie the Pooh
42. WHAT DID YOU WATCH LAST NIGHT ON TV? Dr. Who, Battlestar Gallactica, The Daily Show, The Cobert Report and NCIS (we're big fans of DVR and On Demand). I was up late finishing a scarf for Geek Boy.
43. FAVORITE SOUNDS? Geek Boy's voice on the other end of the phone when I'm at work. My niece laughing.
44. ROLLING STONE OR BEATLES? Rolling Stones.
45. THE FURTHEST YOU'VE BEEN FROM HOME? Alaska. Or Ireland.
46. WHAT'S YOUR SPECIAL TALENT? I can figure out what book you're talking about with only a small amount of information, even if that information isn't exactly correct.
47. WHERE WERE YOU BORN? PA
48. WHO SENT THIS TO YOU? Copied and pasted from someone's blog.